“We are determined to do our best in providing purposeful leadership”, Gov. Lalong says as he marks 5 years in office
Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong, has appreciated the people of plateau state for their unconditional support to his administration.
Lalong said this in an address to Mark his five years in office as well during a Thanksgiving services today 7th June 2020 at the government house chapel Rayfield in preparation for the democracy day which comes up on 12th June.
The governor made several pronouncements as part of the reasons why the people chose to trust him and his deputy, prof. Sony Tyoden with their mandate out of all the contestants.
- Lalong said, “We recognize that they had many choices among the many aspirants and candidates, but settled for our ticket and the APC. We cannot take this for granted as we are humbled by this responsibility bestowed upon us to work for the peace”, progress, and development of Plateau State Our understanding of the mandate given to us is that we should carry out projects and programs that will enhance the quality of lives and promote peace, harmony and the realization of the gift and potentials that God has blessed our state with”.
- “That has been our guiding principle over the past five years where we took various decisions in the quest to build a Plateau that is peaceful, progressive, and all-inclusive.
The Governor also congratulated the newly elected Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Rev. Polycarp Lubo who was elected on Saturday 6th June 2020.
- “Finally, I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the brand new Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Plateau State, Rev. Fr. Polycarp Lubo who was elected yesterday. I wish you and other members of your EXCO a fruitful tenure and also wish the outgoing Chairman Rev. Dr. Soja Bewarang all the best in his new assignment.
- May God continue to bless Plateau State and the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Happy Democracy Day in advance.
- Thank you.”