Viewer discretion-Nigerian troops killed 20 ISWAP Members-photos
The Nigerian troops of the operation Lafiya Dole said it has killed up to 20 Boko Haram Terrorist in Baga, Borno state.
In a press release signed by Major General John Ehenche, Coordinator Defence Media Operations of the Defence headquarters, on Saturday, May 20th, disclosed that, in a decisive intercept offensive operation, the 130 Battalion, with the support of the Army super camp in Baga had a fierce encounter at the northwest of Baga town with Boko haram criminals.
The encounter has, however, lead to the killing of 20 members of the criminal Boko haram terrorist, he further stated that the criminals we’re armed with mortars, rockets, and grenades with small arms and were heading to attack villages surrounding Baga when the troops attack it convoy with overwhelming fire living the said number dead.
Read full statement below.
TROOPS OF OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE KILLS TWENTY BHT/ISWAP CRIMINALS AT BAGA BORNO STATE
- In a decisive intercept offensive operation, troops of 130 Battalion with the support of Army Super Camp Baga, had a fierce encounter at the north west of Baga town with BHT/ISWAP Criminals on the 17th of May 2020.
- The criminals armed with mortars, rocket propelled grenades and small arms were heading to attack villages surrounding Baga, when the troops attacked their convoy with overwhelming fire power killing 20 BHT/ISWAP criminals, captured six AK 47 Rifles, 520 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition and five 36 hand grenades.
- However, nine of our gallant soldiers were wounded in action with no loss of life. They were evacuated to Sector 3 hospital for treatment.
- The Chief of Army Staff commends the gallant troops for their professionalism and directs them to remain resolute towards eradicating the criminals from the North East.
- You are please requested to disseminate the information with the enclosed pictures through your medium to the general public. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Defence Media Operations
17 May 2020