Coronavirus US Offer $100million aide to China

#news#

The US Government has Friday announced its readiness to spend up to $100 million to assist China and other countries impacted by the deadly coronavirus.

Secretary of State, Mr Mike Pompeo, who made the announcement in a statement, said the commitment would be met through existing funds.

According to him, the fund would be spent “directly and through multilateral organisations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus’’.

Pompeo said the Department of State had already facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people.

He further listed the materials to include masks, gowns, gauze, respirators and other vital items, stating that the donations underlined “the generosity of the American people’’.

As of Thursday evening, the disease has killed no fewer than 600 persons with more than 30,000 confirmed worldwide, most of them in China where it broke out in December.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: