A CCTV camera has shown how some young boys restrained a 16-year-old black teenager for throwing a sandwich at them in a cafeteria.
The surveillance video shows young men taking turns at restraining the Black teenager for at least 8 minutes after he threw a sandwich in the cafeteria of a Michigan youth facility. All the people who were there did not make any effort to stop it.
16-year-old Cornelius Fredericks reportedly died two days later after the unfortunate incident.
13 Persons weree reportedly Burnt To Death In fatal Road Accident In Bayelsa state.
The accident was said to have occurred at Tombia-Ammassoma Road in Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.
According to Sahara Reporters, nine persons were reportedly burnt to ashes on the spot following an explosion at the accident scene, while four others later died on arrival at the Niger Delta Teaching Hospital in Okolobiri.
It was also gathered that the incident involved a 14-seater passenger bus and a diesel-laden truck believed to be transporting product to a construction site around the Ammassoma area.
Source: Sahara Reporters
The Kano state police command has pointed out that henceforth, Owners of uncompleted buildings used by rapists to perpetrate crimes in Kano state, will henceforth be prosecuted by the command.
DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, the Command’s Public Relations Officer made the announcement in a popular Radio programme “Inda Ranka”.
He said that “33.3 percent of rape cases had been perpetrated at uncompleted buildings in the state.” Kiyawa who stated that owners of uncompleted buildings used to perpetrate rape will be charged as accomplices, added that the tough stance was necessitated by a disturbing statistics that emanated from investigation conducted by the command in the wake of growing cases of rape, especially on minors across the state.
The police spokesperson said;
”We are warning the general public that henceforth, any rape case perpetrated in an uncompleted building, the owner would be charged as accomplice”.
Kiyawa further revealed that the police has expanded its patrol to uncompleted buildings in every nook and crannies of the Kano city and other places in the state.
Glee actress Naya Rivera’s son told police that his mum “jumped into the water but didn’t come back up” as they searched for her after her son was found alone on a rented boat.
The 33-year-old actress is feared dead after going missing on a lake, with her four-year-old son Josey found asleep and alone on the boat.
Authorities found the little boy shortly before 5pm on Wednesday, July 8, at Lake Piru, Southern California.
According to a TMZ report, police sources claim Josey said that his mother had “jumped into the water but didn’t come back up”.
Divers and helicopters immediately started searching the lake but so far there has been no sign of the star.
Naya’s life jacket was reportedly still in the boat and Josey was asleep when the vessel was first found.
Josey is now with family members. The boy’s father is actor Ryan Dorsey, who Naya divorced in 2018.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department began searching for a presumed drowning victim after responding to a report of a boy left alone on a boat at around 4.48pm, they said in a press release.
They later tweeted: “The missing person at Lake Puru has been identified as Naya Rivera, 33, of Los Angeles. SAR operation will continue at first light.”
Divers searched the lake until nightfall, but were unable to find the actress, who 113 episodes of the hit musical series from 2009 to 2015.
The search is expected to resume today in the US.
Distraught fans tweeted for the Sheriff’s department to keep looking for Naya.
“Please don’t stop looking for her I beg you,” pleaded one user while another said: “Y’all need to be out on boats with flashlights!” Naya’s last Instagram post was shared two days ago. It’s a photo of her and her son with the caption, “Just the two of us.” Credit: LindaIkejiBlog
About 246 Nigerians have been safely repatriated back home amid global Covid-19 crisis through the Emirates flight from the United Arab Emirates.
The Nigerian returnees’ flight arrived the country from the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday 8th July 2020.
NIDCOM chairman, Abike Dabiri, said the government of the UAE paid for flight and testing fees of the evacuees.
The Nigerian Government has however extended it appreciation to the UAE for the kind gesture.
An APC ward chairman identified as Christopher Ogah has been arrested after he was allegedly caught defiling two girls in his house in Obi Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
The suspects said to be the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Obi Ward, was allegedly caught defiling two girls aged 12 and 13 years respectively. Daily trust report that Mr Christopher, lured the girls to his room when they entered his house to fetch water.
Chairman of the local government, Alhaji Mohammad Oyimoga Oyigye confirmed the incident and also disclosed that he saved the suspect from being lynched by angry youths.
Oyigye said the suspect was handed over to the police and was equally transferred to Lafia to forestall breakdown of peace in the area.
Nasarawa State Commissioner of Police, Mr Bola Longe who also confirmed the incident said;
“I have directed that the case be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Lafia for discreet investigation after which the suspect will be charged to court.
“The police, under my watch, are warning would-be rapists to have a rethink or face the wrath of the law.
“I am assuring the public of the police command’s commitment to arrest and prosecute anyone found wanting no matter how highly placed.”
The Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation has uncovered financial transgressions in the records of the Nigerian Law School.
The 2015 Auditor-General’s report submitted to the Senate Committee on Public Account, indicted the apex legal academic institution. The infractions ranged from outright misappropriation to spending without approval and diversion of pension.
The 2015 Financial Report of the office is currently being scrutinized by the Senate Public Accounts Committee for investigation.
Nine queries were issued by the Office of the Auditor-General of Federation to the management of Nigerian Law School in 2015, according to the report.
The report said the management of the Nigerian Law School illegally paid N32m to the account of an unnamed cleaner over a period of 12 months.
The Auditor-General report also queried the payment of N36m as dressing allowance of 52 workers to the account of a single member of staff in violation of Nigeria’s Financial Act.
The report reads in part: “The examination of payment records revealed that the Nigerian law school several times paid N36 million to staff as dressing allowance in 2013 alone.
“The Management could not substantiate these payments with any approval from Salaries and Wages Commission to enable the audit team to determine the genuineness of these payments to staff. No appropriation in this request.”
The queries also said that N34.3 million was paid for the training of staff without approval from the federal government.
The Auditor-General’s report further revealed from the examination of payment voucher that the Law School, at various intervals, made use of the pension funds to offset expenses not related to payment of pension, contrary to extant Financial Regulation.
The management of the institution, led by its Director-General, Prof. Isa Chiroma, appeared before the Senate panel on Thursday, July 2, to defend queries.
Prof. Isa Chiroma, while responding to the queries, said that he was not the Director-General of the institution during the period under review, but agreed that “government is a continuum.”
On payment of N36 million as dressing allowance, the Director-General said, “I can’t imagine the Law School paying N36 million into one account on behalf of others.”
His defense was, however, not strong enough for the Senate panel to vacate the query.
Members of the committee established that Chiroma was not the DG of the Law School when the financial impropriety took place. The panel, nevertheless, asked him to recover the money involved and return it into the school’s account.
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control has announced 626 more Coronavirus cases in the country.
The result also shows that about 13 new deaths have occurred in one day 2nd July, Earlier, the Tribune announced that Governor Ekerdolu’s wife Betty, have tested positive to the disease.
The medium noted that the source, however, said the First Lady has embarked on self-isolation but said: “We are still awaiting the results of some media aides of the governors and some commissioners who interact with the state governor regularly.”
Update: 626 new cases of #COVreportedlyrtedy NCDC
Total: 27,110 confirmed cases
The Nigerian Army has succeeded in killing some number of insurgents in Damasak.
Photo Credit-Deji Adeyanju’sFacebookk wall